For months now, outdoor activities have been suspended due to the Coronavirus outbreak. As a result, we have to adjust our regular lifestyle to fit into this new order. Staying fit has increasingly become more challenging than it used to be.
However, your adherence to quarantine shouldn't alter your fitness goals. If you are the one who wants to maintain fitness during this lockdown, then this article is for you.
Here I will be discussing 7 best yoga poses you can do from the comfort of your home.
7 best home workouts during the quarantine
- Maintain an erect standing pose and ensure your feet are slightly apart.
- Position your hands by the side of your body.
- Now, take a deep breath: while holding onto it, raise your hands upwards and interlock your fingers.
- Stand on your toes.
- Maintain this position for 10 seconds before releasing it.
2. Ardha Kati Chakrasana
This pose is highly beneficial for improving breathing, the flexibility of the hips, shedding-off fat, etc.
- Start with the Tadasana pose.
- Slowly, raise and interlock your hands uprightly above your head while maintaining a deep breath.
- Now, tilt your body towards the left as you exhale.
- Maintain that pose for 30 seconds and most importantly ensure your breathing is normal for the posture.
- Go over the same process for the right side of your body too.
- Stand erect on both feet equally placed. Take a deep breath and raise your hands upwards. Bring down your hands as you exhale to a prayer position by placing your palm in front of your chest.
- While breathing in, raise the arms upwards and ensure that your biceps are placed close to your ears.
- While exhaling, bring down your upper body to meet your lower body and place your palms flat to the ground, just by the side of your feet.
- While breathing in, push your left leg backward and bring your right knee at a 90° angle, then raise your head up. This position will look like you are 'on your mark'.
- Bring your body to a straight inclined position with your arms placed side by side as support.
- Pull your body downward in a fully flat position with your knees, forehead, palms, chest, and feet touching the floor. Push your butt out.
- Stretch your upper body from the flat position, with your elbows bending and lookup. As you breathe in, your chest should be in a forward position. Also, try as much as possible to push your navel down as you exhale.
- While exhaling, lift your hips upwards, maintaining an inverted "V" position.
- After some time, return your body back to a straight position, then bring your arms down.
This pose presents a bundle of benefits. The notable one is that it helps to stretch the hamstrings.
- Place your legs close to each other.
- While breathing in, stretch your hands and body upwards.
- Breathe out and bring down your upper body to the point where your hands are almost touching your feet
- Carefully try and place your palms beneath your feet with your elbows pointing outwards.
- Keep your knees straight.
- Try and bring your head to touch your knees.
- Breathe in and out. Ease into the position and maintain for as long as it is convenient for you.
- Lie down flat with your chest facing the floor directly rest your palms on the floor.
- Ensure that the back of your feet rests on the ground with your legs outstretched.
- Breathe in and lift your chest upwards until the hip goes up a little bit. You must also see to it that your elbows are touching your side.
- Maintain your gaze to the floor and make sure your legs remain on the ground.
- Stand erect and place your feet equally. Bring your torso downwards and push your knees inwards.
- Directly place your palms by the side of your feet or in front of them
- Breathe in and keep your gaze downwards.
- Gently exhale and ensure your legs are straight and pressed to each other.
- Firstly, lie on your back and relax in that position.
- Allow your shoulder and neck muscles to relax.
- Stretch your arms by the side and relax them; ensuring your palms are facing upwards.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe in and out and ensure your body corresponds with the rhythm of your breathing.
The 7 yoga exercises discussed in this article are a complete piece. This is because each of them focuses on different muscles all over the body. Hence, facilitating total wellness. Do not be caught unfit during this quarantine period. Start your day with these yoga exercises and a blissful day is assured.
Thank you for reading!